I kind of fell back in love with reading during my year off from school. I started around Christmas of 2006 and actually got quite a few books read before school started this past Fall. Unfortunately, as you might expect I don’t have a lot of time for leisure reading. Actually, I say that, but it’s a complete lie. Really, I do have time for it, and I just don’t allocate my free time towards it even though I should.
Well regardless, I am going to allocate some time for reading this summer finally. I’ve got a whole bunch of books on my shelf that I’m itching to get ahold of. Here are the ones I’m hoping to crack open:
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll (thanks Mom)
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (thanks Sadie)
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeanette Walls
- The Know-It-All: One Man’s Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs
- Being Digital by Nicholas Negroponte (thanks Dad)
- Free Software, Free Society: Selected Essays of Richard M. Stallman by Richard Stallman (thanks FSF)
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy (thanks me)
- A Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut
- This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession by Daniel Levitin
- Anthem by Ayn Rand
Wish me luck! See something you think I should be reading? Let me know! I figured if I list them here, I’ll be more likely to make headway on them.