This was one of the funniest things I’ve read in quite a while. For those of you who got lost in all the computer-speak (much of which I don’t entirely get either), this is roughly what happened:
- Neighbors are stealing Internet from his wireless connection. He could just encrypt it, so you’d have to log in with a password in order to use the connection. But he chose to have fun with them instead.
- He started by redirecting all “illegal” access to his connection to kittenwar. So every time they tried to go to a website, they were taken to kittenwar instead. It’s funny because they’ve probably got no idea why this is happening.
- He ended the kittenwar thing and wrote a program that would flip any images on a web page upside-down. At this point, I’m pretty sure I’d be flipping out. What the heck is wrong with my computer?!?
- Then, instead of flipping the images, he applied a blur to them. Now all their pictures look blurry!
- Go to the website to see pictures of what it looked like.
I’m pretty sure I’d be thinking that I had some sort of weird virus or something. Moral of the story: Don’t steal wireless internet from your neighbors. It’s not nice, and they could turn your world upside-down 🙂 On a more serious note, they could’ve done a lot worse things than screw around with website images.